Welcome to DReeZone's Website

DReeZone's blog has interesting information on Latest Technology, Mobile phones, Software, Windows, New Gadgets.

The Site shares funny (Comedy) news, pictures and videos.

Also contains tips and tricks on software and mobile phones. (Specially Samsung OMNIA)

The author of the site is a Sri Lankan. All new information on Sri Lanka is also posted in this blog. Sri Lanka is an island situated in the Indian Ocean that has vast tourist attractions. "Sri Lanka a Small Miracle" is the slogan of the Sri Lanka Tourist Board.

Nokia N95 Solves a Rubik's Cube


Posted by Unknown Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Rubik's cube was the bane of my existence growing up. As a kid, I pried my dad's apart with a butter knife and reassembled it so it looked like I had solved the puzzle. While it was nothing compared to my old man's time of roughly 37 seconds, I was pretty proud of myself for cheating the classic puzzle. Then, when I was about seven years old, I left it in the driveway and it got hit by a neighbor's car. Bye-bye Rubik's Cube.

I haven't seen a solved Rubik's cube since so this video really brought back memories. Usually we'd give extra points for solving a 4x4x4 cube but given that this is a computer programmed to solve the puzzle, we don't think it matters how big the cube is.

Using an ARM processor, a lot of LEGO technic pieces and a Nokia N95, this machine scans each side of the puzzle, maps out the cube and then solves the puzzle accordingly.

 

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails